Frequently Asked Questions
- Is silent chain really silent?
- How can I determine the pitch of my silent chain?
- Is there a Ramsey distributor near to me?
- What is the best lubrication for silent chain?
- Can Ramsey replace chain from any chain manufacturer?
- Are conveyor chains different from chains used for power transmission?
- Why should I use silent chain?
- Which is better, single pin or two pin chain joints?
- Why does silent chain run more smoothly than other chains?
- How does Ramsey Silent Chain compare with belts?
- How does Ramsey Silent Chain compare with Roller Chains?
- How does Ramsey Silent Chain compare with Gears?
- How do I design a Silent chain drive?
- Can I buy sprockets and chain from different sources?
- Does Ramsey have a replacement chain for the Morse HV or Hy-Vo chain?
- How do you measure chain width?
- Which type of chain guiding should I use?
- Are chains from different manufacturers interchangeable?
18. Are silent chains from different manufacturers interchangeable?
In some instances it is possible to purchase chain from different manufacturers that will operate on the same sprockets and deliver comparable performance. However, in many cases their are dimensional and design differences that will not allow a satisfactory interchange. Ramsey regularly replaces chain from other manufacturers and can readily identify products for which an interchange exists. It is not advisable to interconnect chains from different manufacturers.