Frequently Asked Questions
- Is silent chain really silent?
- How can I determine the pitch of my silent chain?
- Is there a Ramsey distributor near to me?
- What is the best lubrication for silent chain?
- Can Ramsey replace chain from any chain manufacturer?
- Are conveyor chains different from chains used for power transmission?
- Why should I use silent chain?
- Which is better, single pin or two pin chain joints?
- Why does silent chain run more smoothly than other chains?
- How does Ramsey Silent Chain compare with belts?
- How does Ramsey Silent Chain compare with Roller Chains?
- How does Ramsey Silent Chain compare with Gears?
- How do I design a Silent chain drive?
- Can I buy sprockets and chain from different sources?
- Does Ramsey have a replacement chain for the Morse HV or Hy-Vo chain?
- How do you measure chain width?
- Which type of chain guiding should I use?
- Are chains from different manufacturers interchangeable?
4. What is the best lubrication for silent chain?
Proper lubrication is important for a long service life, particularly at high loads and speeds. Lubricant specifications and methods can be found by clicking Lubrication. In some low speed conveying applications it may be possible to operate with powdered lubricants or no lubricant at all. In most cases, greases or heavy oils will not penetrate chain joints and are not recommended. Consult Ramsey for specific recommendations.